Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm A Medicine Woman Too!




I just finished reading this wonderful book by Jesse Wolf Hardin of the Anima Center. It is a lovely true story about Rhiannon, Wolf's 8 year old daughter, and her wonderings and discovery of who she is. It is a richly illustrated book with beautiful pictures of herbs, flowers, plants and all different kinds of Medicine Women. Written with 3-12 year old children in mind, I can attest that this book enraptured me and spoke to my own soul. One fun feature is the 'Name that Herb' game at the end of the book. It tested my own skill and has encouraged me to look deeper into each one. I whole heartedly recommend this book to anyone who has a child, knows a child, or has a child's heart and eyes and loves to play among the flowers! You can purchase "I'm a Medicine Woman Too!" by clicking the hyper link.

0 comments: