Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Bedtime Song

I have the privilege of being able to have my beautiful niece and nephew here with my every couple of months for a week. They are darling, active and sometimes all too much for me! After our busy day we have of course the bedtime ritual, bath, story and bed. Last time my nephew was up he requested I sing "twinkle, twinkle, little star" and so I did. He just loves this song, as I am finding most children do and is probably why there are at least three classic children songs to the same tune. I enjoyed singing the song and thought to myself 'what would be wrong with adding another song to the already famous tune?' I wanted it to be a special lullaby just for them. Well, actually I am sharing it here with you so you can sing it too to your child, niece, nephew or special child in your life.

A Lullaby

Now it's time to say goodnight,
Father Sun turns out his light,
Mother Moon wakes up and says:
Time for __________ to go to bed.
Now it's time to say goodnight,
Give me a kiss and hug me tight!



Artwork by Jennifer Nilsson

0 comments: