Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Song of a Soul

My heart aches for you. It aches for your pain and it aches for your hurt. It aches for how lost and alone you feel. It aches because of the fear that motivates you into violent and/or non productive decisions. It aches because there seems to be nothing I can do about it. Nothing I guess except pray...pray?? And what of it?

What will prayer do to help? Speaking to a G-d or G-ddess that may or may not be there? Speaking to a Universe that may be alive with wonder or dead with silence. What will this prayer do to help you or me for that matter? What can I do? What should I do? What difference can I make?

All I know to be is a Light. A Light that shines through your Heart and beams through your eyes. A Light that reveals the darkness that lies within you and around you. A Light that calls you home. Home to yourself. Home to your dreams. Home to your wonder and your joy. Home even to your pain, allowing you the tears that you must needfully shed. Tears that will water the garden of your heart and bring forth the most fragrant of flowers. If only...

But if I shine my Light, will you see it? Will it draw you? Will it help to guide you through the rocky shoreline to a safe harbor? I suppose only you know the answer to that question. Only you know whether you will open your eyes? Only you know if you will follow the Light or steer away. Only you...

For what else can I do except be who I am? I am a Lighthouse on a hill. I stand alone. I shine my Light. A strong but lonely Sentinel.

Yes it's true, the windows are cracked from enduring many a storm and the tower is worn, in need of repair. But in spite of how worn I am, I still stand. And in spite of the cracks, the Light pours through, shining brightly--if only you'll look my way.





0 comments: