Friday, May 14, 2010

Nothing to Say, Because it's a Rainy Day

My heart has turned into a storm cloud
Swollen and gray with bitter tears
And any minute
the flash of my eyes will warn you!

FLASH! There it is!
CRACK! Start counting.

That's how many minutes you have to get the hell out of here before---

My tears
too late
Begin to fall
like rain

drip, drip, drip, drip

Pleadings and beggings, bargainings and "I'm sorrys"
and "You deserve better than this!"

FLASH! My eyes warn again!
CRACK! You better run

Because soon I won't be able to stop the deluge of tears that are falling from my eyes as the storm cloud of my heart rips open in two and is completely broken and drained.

Silence
after the storm
Everything is wet
And the sun has not come out

yet.

http://skywriters.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/storm1.jpg

0 comments: